Information we collect
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
The type of information we collect includes names, addresses, email addresses, credit card details (if you buy products or services from us) and other contact details. However, credit card numbers are NOT stored in any form by us on any internal or external database.
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (eg information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and able to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting your sensitive information and let you know the purpose at the same time.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect your personal information from you. For example, we may collect information from you when you complete our online forms to subscribe to our different services, or when you otherwise provide us with information, whether in person, by telephone, online or in writing.
However, we may also collect personal information about you from someone other than you (for example from your employer or colleagues when setting up an account for you to use our services.
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to our employees who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
Our employees are obliged and trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the user name, password and other details you use to access and use our website.
We are not responsible or liable for the security of data sent via the internet.
Purpose of collection
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so we can:
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- provide our products and services or other benefits to you;
- communicate with you;
- inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- inform you about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- provide you with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner; and
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services
and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our information technology providers, providers of marketing and promotional services, professional advisers such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise you of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you prefer not to receive information about our products and services, you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
Quality and correction
We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Changes to this policy
As our business evolves, our business processes and policies will be reviewed and may be amended. We may change this policy at any time. We will notify you of any change by posting an updated version of the policy on our website and we will do our best to send you an email with a link to any new versions of this policy. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to check our website and make sure you keep up-to-date with any changes to this policy.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that your personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy, please contact us at the contact details listed below so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
No disclosure to overseas recipients
We are not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients. However, we may at some point, disclose, transfer and store your information, to or with our third party service providers and affiliates outside Australia for the purpose of providing Factory or any part of it.
If you require more detailed information about how we deal with personal information or if you have any concerns about how we have dealt with your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at:
Factory Technologies Pty Ltd
We will aim to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.